[amazon_textlink asin=’B0719J6329′ text=’Which Diaper to Buy ?’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’googgie-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’4009ce03-875e-11e8-9f12-25313ad5c564′]
Remember newborn skin is soft and sensitive and as parents we have to be extra cautious while choosing Diapers for babies. We cannot take any chances with them and want best for our babies. But who will tell us, which is the best Diaper brand available in the market, how to choose and from where to buy Diapers.
As i was about to deliver and the hospital had given the list of essentials, diapers were one of them. Like all other mothers i opened my laptop and started searching for best diapers available in the market.
What are Diapers ?
Most of you must have heard the word diapers but for those who are new to the term diaper (American English) or a nappy (Australian English and British English) is a type of underwear that allows the wearer to defecate or urinate without the use of a toilet, by absorbing or containing waste products to prevent soiling of outer clothing or the external environment. When diapers become soiled, they require changing, generally by a second person such as a parent or caregiver. Failure to change a diaper on a sufficiently regular basis can result in skin problems around the area covered by the diaper.
While i was browsing the brands on internet. I was amazed to find out the wide variety and brands of diapers available. Brands were self-promoting with so many aspects being taken care of by the manufacturers.
It was tough job to choose single diaper from wide range of brands. I was taking feedback from my friends and colleagues who had small kids. Everyone gave their own suggestions and preference.
One day i was talking to my school friend whose husband was production manager in one of the worlds largest FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods). She told me inside out of the material used and difference in types of Diapers. I am sharing the details below.
Types of Diapers:
- Cloth Diaper: Cloth Diapers are washable reusable diapers made up cotton or similar fabric. It is economical replacement of standard disposable Diapers.
- Standard Disposable Diapers:.A disposable diaper consists of an absorbent pad sandwiched between two sheets of non woven fabric.The pad is specially designed to absorb and retain body fluids, and the non woven fabric gives the diaper a comfortable shape and helps prevent leakage.
- Pull Ups/Diaper Pants: These diapers are pre-closed and are worn like pants, which makes them highly convenient.
- Preemie Diapers: These diapers are meant for preterm infants. They are similar to standard disposable diapers but come in smaller sizes. Also, the waistband has a provision to accommodate the umbilical cord stub that is yet to heal.
- Swim Pant Diapers : Specially made for outings at a pool or beach, these diapers have extra cuffs and elastic around the thighs to prevent leakage even in water. The outer materials prevent bloating of the diaper on contact with water or a damp surface.
Eventually i ended up getting confused and ordered 4-5 different brands of diapers.
[amazon_link asins=’B00AWMBLZ4,B072MM8VWC,B00KAUFEEM,B017IAH7PA,B0781Z3BW6,B01EAFLTFK,B01MZ0KLXK’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’googgie-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’ca8673c1-875c-11e8-98b0-9d27d70832f1′]
I did a little research on diapers and found that 81% of the parents exclusively used disposable diapers, 15% used cloth & Disposable both, 4% used only cloth Diapers.
The disposable diapers used now were developed through trial and error by many researchers which comprise of an inner layer of polyester that allows liquids to pass through to a layer of absorbent material and an outer waterproof plastic layer of poly ethylene film. During the 1990’s a modification in super absorbent polymer was developed. It uses a surface cross linker to reduce the “gel block” problem. Diapers continue to become thinner and more absorbent. For more details on the Diaper material and evolution please read.
This is not a promotional blog and i am not promoting and Diaper brands. I am sharing my personal experience so that it becomes easier for mothers to choose the right one for their little ones.
After a lot use and reuse of different brands helped me to reach out to a conclusion that below are the best Diaper brands available in the market.
1.[amazon_textlink asin=’B0781Z3BW6′ text=’ Pampers’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’googgie-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’54e43491-875d-11e8-a42b-6bb872b03e3d’]
2. [amazon_textlink asin=’B01MZ0KLXK’ text=’Huggies’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’googgie-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’8a003dfc-875d-11e8-9588-6db0f6b235e5′]
3. [amazon_textlink asin=’B017IAH9XU’ text=’MamyPoko Pant’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’googgie-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’9891a4cc-875d-11e8-87d5-c9887560a16b’]
* The above listing is totally based upon personal use of products and do not guarantee the quality of these products.